1. Should student-athletes be paid? That question has been asked forever it seems like. My initial reaction has always been “no” because I have a hard time seeing how that process would work and because many student-athletes get free educations. But I understand why some think they should or at least the student-athletes who bring big bucks to their schools and the NCAA. This study puts their worth at six figures! That’s something to think about.
2. I’m not a Trekkie or a sci-fi person period, but it’s kind of cool to look at the Star Trek gadgets that are no longer fiction.
3. After the first weekend of college football, I kept seeing references to how awful Maryland’s uniforms were. I did a little Internet search and found this. Oh my!
4. I’m a nerd. I love trivia, especially the pop culture kind, so it makes my heart happy that VH1’s Pop Up Video is returning. Here’s the first video.
5. I hate beauty pageants, but the commentary during the swimsuit portion of the Miss Universe Pageant was hilarious, you have to admit.
Remember how I whined about being busy? Yeah, still true. However, I did save a some links a few weeks ago, but didn’t post them. But they’re still cool/interesting even if the info’s a bit old.
1. Anne Hathaway raps! I love her.
2. A Cleveland Indian’s player was going to miss the birth of his child. Until his teammates stepped in to help.
3. The University of Miami is in deep trouble with the NCAA because a felon alum confessed all the illegal stuff he did for the school to the NCAA. Fascinating reading!